Capital City Comic Con welcomes respectful cosplay and costuming from all genres of pop culture. We believe cosplay should be celebrated in the spirit of fun, camaraderie, and inclusion.
With that, we have guidelines in place to ensure that all cosplayers and convention patrons may enjoy the event. In short, we expect cosplayers to be respectful of others, exercise sound judgment, and place safety and courtesy above all else. These guidelines also apply to our Cosplay Contest, which you can learn more about here.
Specifically, we require both cosplayers and patrons to adhere to the following guidelines, understanding that failure to respect them may result in removal from the convention:
- All costumes must be family-friendly, i.e., no lewdness or vulgarity
- No live steel weapons or real guns are allowed. All weapons must be peace-bonded, must have an orange safety tip, and may not contain any sharp edges orpoints. All weapons are subject to inspection upon entrance to event.
- No projectiles of any kind will be allowed. This includes arrows, throwing stars, darts, foam, water, paper, silly string, plastic, food, metal, etc.
- Respect others’ personal space, i.e., no touching of any kind or aggressive behavior
- Exercise control of your personal volume
- No harassment of any kind will be tolerated
- No profanity will be tolerated
- Any other behavior witnessed that is deemed to be inappropriate
We thank you in advance for following our cosplay guidelines, and ensuring a fun event for all! Please feel free to ask staff or volunteers for clarification.