I am an Associate Professor in the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University. My areas of research focus generally on gender and justice, as well as genocide and violence in conflict.
Capital City Comic Con is proud to announce the fourth annual Cosplay Contest, celebrating creativity and craftsmanship, and fabulous prizes!
The contest is free to enter, and we will offer separate contests for children (under 13) and teens/adults (13 and up). Pre-registration is required at the League of Enchantment booth (Section 117) by 1:30pm.
The first-place winner of the teen/adult competition will win $100 from Capital City Comic Con!
Rules for the contest include the event’s basic cosplay rules:
- All costumes must be family-friendly, i.e., no lewdness or vulgarity
- No live steel weapons or real guns are allowed. All weapons must be peace-bonded, must have an orange safety tip, and may not contain any sharp edges orpoints. All weapons are subject to inspection upon entrance to event.
- No projectiles of any kind will be allowed. This includes arrows, throwing stars, darts, foam, water, paper, silly string, plastic, food, metal, etc.
- Respect others’ personal space, i.e., no touching of any kind or aggressive behavior
- Exercise control of your personal volume
- No harassment of any kind will be tolerated
- No profanity will be tolerated
- Any other behavior witnessed that is deemed to be inappropriate
In addition, please observe the following guidelines:
- Preference will be given to hand-made/hand-crafted costuming and props
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- No skits during judging
- No political or religious statements
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects
- Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Large or elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Capital City Comic Con will not be able to assist.